Tactical Field Interviewing Techniques
The 2-day WZ Seminar on Tactical Field Interviewing Techniques offers law enforcement professionals to learn a broad range of cutting-edge methods and proprietary tools to conduct more effective interviews. The benefits are more actionable intelligence, quicker admissions and better statements.
Instruction includes a comprehensive overview of a variety interview and interrogation techniques to overcome the resistance of a traditional criminal or a terrorist operative. Seminar participants will learn to assess verbal and non-verbal behavior, to offer rationalizations, handle denials, detect deception and evaluate truthfulness.
The course is especially appropriate for those investigators tasked with the investigation of domestic or foreign terrorism and terrorist-related activities. Criminal activities traditionally investigated by law enforcement may have provided cover and funding for terrorist organization in the United States and abroad. Investigators conducting these inquiries will learn to apply interviewing techniques that most often will bring these cases to a successful conclusion.
SEMINAR TOPICS INCLUDE:
· Overview of an Interrogation
· Interview vs Interrogation
· Legal Aspects of Tactical Field Interviewing
· Counter-Terrorism Interdiction Questioning
· Interpretation of Physical and Verbal Behavior
· Cognitive Interviewing
· Enticement Questions
· Reducing Resistance
· Obtaining the Admission
· Developing and Handling Informants
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This course is designed to teach and reinforce the sound fundamentals of the field interviewing process for the patrol officer, field investigator, detective, police officer, special agent, or other law enforcement professional.
BECOME MORE EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE IN:
· Communicating and building trust with community members
· Assisting subjects in recalling events and details of past activity
· Obtaining the truth more quickly and accurately
· Uncovering patterns and trends indicative of criminal activity
· Substantiating and closing more successful investigations
Upcoming ClassesView Training Schedule
There are currently no scheduled classes for this course.