WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course applies specifically to agencies whose personnel may be called upon to interview or interrogate suspects, victims, informants or witnesses of criminal activity. Investigators and associated law enforcement professionals conducting these inquiries will learn to apply interview and interrogation techniques that most often will bring these cases to a successful conclusion.
The 2-day Wicklander-Zulawski (WZ) Seminar on Non-Confrontational Interview and Interrogation Techniques is designed to teach and reinforce the sound fundamentals of the interview and interrogation process for the investigator, homicide detective, major crimes task force member, coroner, medical examiner, special agent, or other law enforcement professional. The participants will learn the WZ Non-Confrontational Method, cutting-edge techniques and proprietary tools to conduct more effective interviews and interrogations, resulting in quicker admissions and better statements. Seminar attendees will learn the Behavioral Analysis Interview to assess verbal and non-verbal behavior and become more effective at focusing an investigation and obtaining admissions. This will be followed by a comprehensive overview of a variety of non-confrontational interview and interrogation techniques to overcome the resistance of both a traditional criminal and a capital offense suspect. The student will learn to offer rationalizations, handle denials, detect deception and evaluate truthfulness. Videos of actual interviews and interrogations will be presented and discussed. The non-confrontational approach to interviewing and interrogation has been recognized for the way it produces faster and more accurate results. In many cases, admissions are achieved without the suspect ever making a denial or protesting his innocence. Additionally, suspects often reveal more about their activities during a non-confrontational interview than during a traditional confrontational interrogation approach.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
After completing this course of instruction the participant will be able to:
• Understand the law on criminal interviews and interrogations and the development of the admission into legally acceptable confession.
• Effectively incorporate audio/video in accordance with State mandates to record interviews and interrogations of homicide and other capital crime suspects.
• Establish the ideal room setting to increase interviewer effectiveness.
• Interpret and evaluate the suspect’s verbal and physical behavior as they relate to truth and deception during interviews and interrogations.
• Apply factual analysis to the interview/interrogation process.
• Employ non-accusatory interview techniques to obtain information and deduce the truthfulness of the subject.
• Utilize the WZ Non-Confrontational Interrogation Methods to employ a softer more conversational approach to interrogation.
• Understand the proper form and content of a written statement from a suspect.
Pricing: 2 day seminar/1 instructor $395/person, Pricing may vary by location Group discount Policy: Group discounts apply when companies register 5 or more attendees for the same seminar at the same location. WZ can create a custom program for your organization. Learn MoreFor additional information or questions contact Bob Brislan, Business Development Manager, by phone at 800.222.7789 x103 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Click here and fill out the form to join the WZ mailing list and receive regular updates regarding seminars and other projects from WZ.